Bored with lagers I try a not common beer style of ale, namely barley wine. The style originated in England in 1900s. You cannot get in most stores so if you find it interesting you'll have to look deeper for it.
The video is also available on YouTube.
- brewery: Samuel Smith brewery, England
- type of beer: barley wine
- bought in: gift from Jan Filipe form Barley Wine store in Copenhagen
- container grade (bottle): cute baby bottle
- the looks: head (thin and fast to disappear), body (dark orange, brownish even)
- the taste: extremely bitter (compare to this one any bitter lager seems sweet)
- the smell: strong malt with tiny rose characteristic