Thursday 12 March 2009

Beer temple in Thailand

Hello everyone. I was out skiing which is my kind of lame excuse for my recent absence. I got a small face injury so I am/was unable to tape new reviews. In the meantime I want to share something cool I found today.

Apparently Buddhist monks found an excellent way to recycle beer bottles. They took some (actually a lot, around 2,5 million) bottles and used them to build the Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew temple (Million Bottles Temple). The temple has around 20 rooms, including a toilet also made out of bottles.

The monks started collecting the bottles in 1984. However not every beer bottle is good enough for this temple. They used only green Heineken bottles and local brown Chang bottles.

The caps were used for the mosaic in front of the temple.

via TreeHugger






No comments:

Post a Comment